Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sorry is a difficult word to spell

I apologize a lot.

Actually, I find it easier to apologize than most people. I also tend to own up when I am wrong, and have no problems in admitting the other person was right.

Most of the times, anyway.

It is comparatively easy in work place. The right and logical thing to do is clear and visible. However when it comes to the hours when Outlook is shut down, things are not always that clear cut.

So, after a quarter year or so, I sent out a long pending apology letter. It was not very long, I cant say that it was very well written. The egoist that I am, I tucked the apology away after a PS and between too many smileys.

But also tucked in between the lines were wishes for that persons happiness, and fond rememberance of the friendship we had. ( Im a biiig sucker for good friends). I hope that we resume our friendship, but do not see that happening from the other end.

But still, I said sorry, and I meant it. And I am happy that I did the right thing, eventhough it was not that easy. ( I have a biiiiig ego too).

2 comments:

Prats said...

Awesome, you did the right thing. After all There is always a right time to do things but the time is always right for the right things.

Wish you resume your friendship soon and remain friends happily ever after.

Macadamia The Nut said...

I patched up with a former BFF after 4-5 years. It felt weird though, because both of us have changed so much....
I took the initiative and mailed her... got a lukewarm response... :D