We all think we are unique and unpredictable. However, we are often more predictable than we think we are. I realized it about myself after finding these predictable patterns about myself:
So, I always.....
- .... want to stop and pet any dog I meet on the street. I do not always do so.
- .... want to stand up and dance with jhatkas and matkas if I hear a bollywood song loud. I often don't.
- .... order miso soup if I am in a Japanese restaurant.
- ... try and collect the corks of any bottle of wine that I have drunk. I do not always succeed.
- .... love to eat mangoes. For me, they represent my culture, my good childhood memories, and sublime poetry.
- ...... go for the window seat in any form of transportation. I have given my seat up for those younger than 12 though.
- .... read the links in my twitter feed which are about animals. Or written by animals.
- .... listen to music on my way to work and back, mostly what you would call world music. And if my phone ran out of power, I listen to music in my head.
- ... think in English. Sorry fellow Indians, my main language has been English for a while now.
- .... love sugar icing. The Krulla bakery near my home has some amazing sugar candy figurines. Guess who is their best customer?
So what is predictable about you?