Thursday, November 01, 2007

Joan Brandwyn got it right

Ever heard of the Movie Mona Lisa Smile?

In the movie, there is an amazing scene, where Julia Roberts, the feminist teacher is distraught that one of her best students decided to get married. The student goes to her teacher, and tells her: "You're the one who said I could do anything I wanted. This is what I want."

Now that more and more of my friends are getting married and some are even proud mothers/ fathers of cute little ones, this is what I want to tell you.

Congratulations, for finding someone whom you love enough to take the plunge.

Congratulations, for trusting your parents enough to believe in arranged marriages.

Congratulations, for choosing to either work or to be a home-maker or to study - or even planning to do all of them together.

Congrats for allowing your partner the freedom to work and/or study, and for supporting them.

Congratulations, for bringing some very special people into the world, and helping them to grow up, and grow up well.

I am so happy for you all! We may not always have common topics to talk about, but we will still be friends.

And for the person who triggered the post: Baby Rat, Here's to you for a wonderful married life!

1 comment:

Prats said...

Amazing post, Felt very nostalgic, Coming of after a drive late night all of our friends were discussing the same things how it's going to be when everyone will have settled life. The post just strike right where it should for me.

@ Last post: I know its your blog and your rules but I actually had a lot to say but since it would be unfair to your rules. Won't say much, please tell me of anyone whom you know (a non victim) who would say my dad or brother or best friends and blah blah are eve teasers. Is someone in India rearing a breed of eve teasers and the alike u mentioned. They come from us, they pass the same schools we do. Being a part of society me you and everyone is responsible for it. I can go on this topic. But I think I should stop.

P.s: if what i said doesn't falls by your rules, You can happily delete this comment.

I will continue to read your blog regularly because I really enjoy it.