Monday, June 02, 2008

Excuses & Book Binge

It has been almost a month since I blogged.

But hey, I have a good excuse. When your landlady ( thankfully 'ex'ed now ) turns out to be the wicked witch of west, blogging takes a back seat while nervous breakdown and murdorus impulses vie for attention.

Ah, well. Comin gback to book binge.

Here is my list:

Agatha Christie ( All hail the Empress!)
  • Evil Under the Sun
  • Murder on the Orient Express
  • Mystery of the Blue Train
  • Poirot's early cases
  • Murder in the Mews
  • Five Little Pigs
  • The Moving Finger
  • A Caribbean Mystery
  • The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
  • They do it with Mirrors
Neil Gaiman ( All hail the Emperor!)
  • Good Omens
  • Sandman:The Kindly Ones
Ruth Rendell ( Say Hi to the barmaid )
  • Some Lie, Some Die - meh; dont bother
Matt Ridley ( All hail the Magician)
  • The Red Queen - its non fiction, and very interesting
Dorothy L Sayers ( All hail the crown Princess!)
  • Unnatural Death - I became obsessed about Dorothy L Sayers after reading this. Need I say more?
  • Murder Must Advertise
Moni Mohsin ( All stone the traitor)
  • The end of Innocence -I wanted to kick the editor for allowing the publication of this book. I am still recovering from reading it.
Re-read: All things bright & beautiful : James Herriot

Now reading: The Complete Robot : Issac Asimov

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great list! I've read all those Christies, everything Herrot wrote, and a ton of Sayers -- though not Unnatural Death! I will have to find it!

(This is MaryP, btw.)

Anonymous said...

Sayers is awesome ! I still remember spending hours reading every single one I could lay my hands on in the University Library.. Gosh, those were the days ...

Lord Peter Wimsey is just brilliant.

Macadamia The Nut said...

The end of Innocence... I know what you mean. I remember I read it after another depressing book.. Blue Eyes something. Can't remember the name now. Don't want to :D

P.S. try Sue Grafton sometime...